Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mine, All Mine - Officially

Well, that money that I mentioned has finally come to fruition. All of my bonuses have been collected and it is time to distribute the funds. As of approximately 1120 today, my car, my 2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 5-speed is mine in title.

I contacted my creditor this morning and told them to pay it off. She is mine. In a few short weeks, I will be receiving all of my pertinent paperwork regarding this loan. The paid in full notice, the account closed notice, and my title will appear via the mail in their due time. The process of removing the lien from the title doesn't yet happen over night, so I presume it will be somewhere between three and eight weeks until the title reaches me. The remainder of the paperwork will either meet me at home or will be there shortly after I return home.

Even though I will have the title in-hand, I will remain paying on her for just a little bit longer. Remember when I blew-up my transmission? Well, that debt is still outstanding (the account is current, but is an outstanding debt that I carry). However, this remaining payment on my car is not against my car. I paid for that situation on a credit card and it is at a very low interest rate with a moderately low monthly payment. Therefore, that payment shall continue for a little bit longer and I will have my title.

No comments: