Saturday, January 26, 2008

8 bit Video Game Revival

I happened to stumble upon this website today. I don't even remember how I found it, but I had to share it with you.

Someone has decided to take a few of our favorite 8 bit video games and recreate them into a human stop motion video. Have a look over at Project GAME OVER.

If you would like to have a look at the specific projects they've completed thus far, I have them listed individually for you.
Tetris
Pole Position
Space Invaders
Pong

Now that you may have reviewed their projects to date, I would like to share my take on the project. I think it is hilarious. To think about the effort that they put into getting these accomplished inspires quite an interesting mental image. Think about it, on a couple of these, they have quite a few complex constructions to make. People, left and right move from one chair to the next and sit there for a photo to be taken. And they do this for a few hours. I think the max time was 6 hours. That's craziness, but cool.

It sounds to me to be a labor of love for the guys producing it and the extras, known as "pixels" have just got to be good friends or really enthusiastic about the completion of this video.

Once they get the video/photographic process complete, they take it one step further to voice record the audio. That's amazing. It's fun & a perfect fit for the apparent goal of the project.

Well, enough of that for now, I hope you find this as fun and interesting as I have.

Peace.


No comments: