Monday, May 5, 2008

Little Update on the backyard

Just a small update on our backyard. Bob, me and one of the neighbor boys got a good amount of the ivy pulled out of the backyard a few weeks ago. And since then we have had to put a hold on everything. Bob found poison ivy. And since he was the last one to touch everything needed for working we have to clean everything off before we can re-start our project. I do feel really bad for Bob. He got poison ivy really good. And I didn't even get one spot. I think I can thank my Dad for that. Apparently I inherited his high immunity to poison ivy.

In my walk abouts in the yard I have found that poison ivy now resides throughout the back half of our backyard. Fortunately on my outage for poison ivy lotion for Bob I was able to find the preventive lotion that Bob was telling me about. So, I picked up a bottle. Granted it didn't help Bob the first time around but next time we will both be putting this stuff on.

I do have a couple of hints from my Mom on how to kill the poison ivy that is there now. I'm always open to suggestions (Except for burning the stuff).

No comments: