Saturday, January 31, 2009

NG - On Alert

As some of you know already, my NG unit has been placed on alert as of October drill 2008. If you didn't know, you do now. :)

Anyway, every time I have had to share the news, the same question comes up, "So, what does this mean?" Well, I'm gonna tell you now the best metaphor that I have been able to find. Imagine that you are driving down the highway and see a sign that reads, "Construction Ahead". Well, this is your "alert order". Once you drive down the highway some more you will either encounter an active construction zone or not. Well, my alert order works the same way. I don't know if I am going anywhere or not. Only time and travel will tell.

As my commander has told us, "we don't know we're not going, so we're going to train like we are."

No comments: