Saturday, January 31, 2009

We're Still Alive

Everyone who periodically checks in with us, I apologize. We have been quiet for a while again. According to my login, my last post was in mid October. I have half written messages that need completing, I have more Driver's Rant articles on the table, and I also have much catching up to do. However, in the grand scheme of things, there haven't been many earth shattering occurrences during this latest quiet time.

I am not going to get in-depth on each topic that I would like to catch-up with here. However, here is a quick run-down of the highlights:

  • Beagle got married
  • My hockey team won the championship from the season I was documenting
  • My NG unit has been placed on alert
  • Angel turned 30
  • We upgraded the speakers in Angel's car
  • We got a Wii
  • Angel got a second job
  • We finally got our wedding picture album
  • I've started another season of hockey
  • I put down some flooring material in our attic
Of course there is a story that can go along with each event. A couple of them have already been started and I may get around to writing about the others. Time will tell.

However, you may be asking yourself, "What has come about that I'm finally getting around to doing some writing again?" Well, that would be a fine question. I am patiently waiting for an OS installation to complete on my new server. My old server finally kicked the bucket and I'm working on creating its replacement. I'm sure I've noted in the past (around the time we had the lightning strike) that my server wasn't in very good health. Well, I was correct and I neglected to build the replacement server before it went belly up. Thankfully, I know now that I didn't lose any data, although, it was a grave concern at the start of this process.

Speaking of building my server. I can't say how frequently I'll be returning here to put up additional posts. Ever since my unit was placed on alert, it seems that my priorities have changed. I have found much motivation to tie up loose ends that didn't seem so loose before. I have been working on a website now for what feels like almost a year, and I still don't have it complete. I have placed much pressure on myself to get this project completed. This is so that in the event that the mobilization order comes down, I will not have to tell him that the project will have to wait until I get back. I have other projects and things that I would also like to start/continue to follow this one. Therefore, my time is even more at a premium than it was before. I am not saying that I won't get around to it, because I would like to, though, time will dictate the results.

No comments: