Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blog Updates

Any and all of my readers which have returned with me, thank you.  I appologize for my log absence, but I have a very valid reason for it.   As most of you know, I'm not at home, not even close.  Instead, I am 9.5 hours ahead somewhere in Afghanistan doing my part to contribute to the efforts of OEF.  My unit is moving from the state of installation to the state of sustainment.  Therefore, things should begin to become more regular around here.  Regularity will produce predictability, particularly where internet access is concerned.  I hope that this will be the start of regular updates thru the duration of my deployment.
 
Up to this point, internet access has been available if you are able to find a laptop which is unlocked at the TOC or have the time to visit MWR.  I was visiting MWR frequently for a while and found that their 30 minute limit to be frustratingly short.  It got to the point that by the time that I was done checking my e-mail and backlog of FB updates that my limit would be over.  Then I would have to stand in line again if I wanted to do any shopping or would like to respond to e-mails or stuff on FB.  Then, there is the army network.  Unless you have been fortunate to be provided a machine and a connection, obtaining network time during business hours is about impossible.  On top of that, FB and many other resources which I would love to use is blocked on the army network.  The site blocking system just so happens to include Blogger (blogspot.com) by Google as a forbidden site.  The only way that I'm even able to post this update is via e-mail.
 
So, as of this point, please check back at a regular interval as I hope that I'll have posted some new content!

No comments: