Friday, February 29, 2008

Found the garage floor

I know that some of you have seen our garage. It wasn't too bad when we first moved in. Just the normal boxes that are placed there to be moved later.

Well, those boxes were never moved plus we have picked up things for the house along the way. Plus, we had received decorations from family and friends. (Also from moving sales and garage sales.) And to add to the clutter of the one side we still have Clark sitting in there. (Our Christmas tree.)

Bob and I have been talking since we've moved in that eventually we would straighten up the one side so we could use the whole garage as it was meant to be. A two car garage instead of a one car garage that came with storage space. And I've been getting frustrated for the fact that Bob has been able to put his car in there and not me.

And if you have read his post yet then you know that he is taking up the one side right now with his car. Which is fine and dandy but we still have clutter in the garage and plenty of storage space elsewhere.

Granted I did have Monday off from work. But, I did some extensive spring cleaning to the house that day. Wow, you never realize how big your house is until you pull out the toothbrush. Besides the point. I was off again today and didn't have anyone trying to call me to pick up a shift. Which is nice. I've been working 6 days a week for almost a month straight now with being nice to people. So, after about 5 hours the garage is clean. Now all we have to do is remove Clark and find an opener that works for that door. I can't tell you how nice it is to know that I'll finally be able to pull my car into the garage. Not that we get the cold weather like in Pittsburgh. But, just for the fact if I want too. It would also help out after grocery shopping.

No comments: