Friday, October 10, 2008

More yardwork

It's hard to believe how much time and effort can go into a yard when you have one. Granted it has been months since Bob and I have gotten to the backyard to do anything. We did clean up work in the springtime to finally get a few years worth of leaves cleaned up. Then it was the other day that I decided to some maintaining in the front yard. And when I was taking some of the leaves and stuff into the very back of the backyard I noticed that the backyard needed some attention. Over the summer with high winds and some of the storms that did come through there were a good amount of branches and twigs down.

Well, with it being fall and leaves starting to fall. I figured I can see the ground now. It would be beneficial to pick up as much as I can now so it will be easier on us later when we go to rake. We finally received much needed rainfall the other day. And to my surprise not to many leaves came down. But, what did surprise me were all the new branches that I found. It was a light to moderate rain not to much high wind. And also noticed that part of a tree had come down by the property line in the back.

Who knows when the tree came down. Seeing that when I was cleaning up earlier in the week I wasn't in that part of the yard. So, that could have come down sometime over the summer. It's just part of a small tree and it was caught by some growth and another tree. So, the fence that is in the back hasn't been touched by it.

With what we have done so far it is a learning experience with what we have

No comments: